Convert Website Visitors to Generate More Revenue Opportunities
Often business owners ask for help in getting more traffic to their website thinking this is the answer to gain more enquiries or sales from the website. This is not always the best solution to addressing this problem.
What if the visitor is unable to quickly find what they are looking for? What if they are not engaged enough with the website to bother interacting with you? In these situations the problem is one of CONVERSION and the solution is landing page optimization.
It’s a simple numbers game. Let’s say your website converts one out of every 100 visitors (1/100 = 1% conversion rate). Most businesses focus on increasing traffic to get more conversions, which can work; if you are able to attract 100 more visitors, you’ll get one more conversion (2/200 = 1% conversion rate). Seems easy enough, but increasing traffic by 100% to get just one more conversion is actually difficult, inefficient and can be a lot of time and money via search engine optimization or PPC advertising.
Landing Page Optimization
But there’s another way! Instead of worrying about your traffic numbers, lets work with what you’ve got! If you do a little bit of landing page optimization and improve your design, messaging and calls to action, it is quite possible to take your conversion rate up to 3%. This might seem small but a 3% conversion rate = 3/100 visitors which is three times as many as you achieved before.
Landing page optimization can make a world of difference, and when combined with other solutions like pay-per-click and display advertising, you can start to make significant strides for your business.
Landing Page Pointers to Increase Your Conversion Rates
To effectively convert your landing page traffic into revenue opportunities, several aspects of your digital marketing strategy should be examined and, if needed, refined or re-defined.
Here are five elements to address with respect to improving or optimizing the effectiveness of your landing pages:
1) Defining Your Objectives:
- What is the focal point of your marketing campaign?
- What results do you specifically want to achieve?
2) Knowing Your Audience:
- How would you describe your ideal customers?
- Does your offer or message appeal to their specific needs?
- Or is your message too broad to have any appeal at all?
3) Landing Page Design:
- Is the page specific to your message or too busy/distracting?
- Have you positioned your main message for maximum impact?
- Have you incorporated any images/videos or it is mainly text?
- Does it present any guarantees or customer testimonials?
- And what about social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter)?
4) Having a Call-To-Action:
- What action do you want your customers to take next?
- Contact you? make a purchase? register for a seminar?
5) Monitoring Performance (on a regular basis):
- What are the activity levels (traffic, length of visits, conversions)?
- Do you need to make any adjustments as a result?
For support and guidance in improving the effectiveness of your landing pages, call the optimization experts at WSI Barrie today at 705-796-2522.